Visitor Guidelines During COVID-19 Pandemic
Under Phase 2 of the state's COVID-19 reopening plan, BIDMC's current visitor policy is as follows:
- We ask that all visitors call ahead to schedule their visits in advance so that staff can make arrangements to ensure everyone's safety. Call 617-975-9711 and ask to be connected to the unit you would like to visit.
- All visits should occur between 9:00 am - 9:00 pm, whenever possible.
- All visitors must be screened for COVID-19 symptoms upon entering the facility.
- Individuals who have symptoms of COVID-19 are not allowed to visit patients in the hospital except in end-of-life (EOL) circumstances. Any such exceptions need to be pre-arranged with the patient's care team prior to the visit.
- One visitor at a time for inpatients and outpatients is allowed, including the Emergency Department, with a total of 2 visitors/day.
- Individuals waiting to visit must wait outside the facility and cannot wait on the unit, in our cafeteria, or other indoor public spaces.
- All patients, visitors and patient escorts entering the hospital will be required to wear a mask during the entire visit, including while visiting with the patient.
- No visitors under age 12 are allowed, and those over age 12 must be the patient's children.
- All visitors must clean their hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer before entering and after visiting a patient room.
- Visitors must maintain social distancing at all times during their visit.
Contact the hospital, outpatient facility or urgent care center directly if you have questions about these temporary policies. Thank you for helping keep our patients, visitors and staff safe.
For more information, download our Visitor Policy.
Get more information related to COVID-19 for both patients and visitors.