The Klarman Building
Our New, State-of-the-Art Inpatient Building
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is at the forefront of healthcare innovation – for our patients, our communities and our region.
As part of our mission to provide extraordinary care supported by world-class research and education, the new Klarman Building for inpatient care will open to the public in April, 2023.
Klarman Building Features
BIDMC's Klarman Building provides a state-of-the-art environment where patients will receive care in a modern, comfortable setting.
The Klarman Building will include:
- Single-bedded, family-friendly patient rooms, including:
- Up to 128 medical-surgical single patient rooms
- 30 intensive care unit (ICU) rooms
- Spacious surgical suites to accommodate advanced surgical procedures and imaging technology
- Versatile diagnostic and procedural suites with state-of-the-art equipment
- A medical helicopter landing pad to support our role as a major Level 1 Trauma Center
- An accessible, rooftop green space and healing garden for patients, families and caregivers
- Energy-efficient and environmentally sustainable design
- Conference space with technology to foster knowledge sharing, education and multidisciplinary teamwork
Our Commitment to the Community
In accordance with Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MADPH) guidelines and priorities, BIDMC will allocate funds to the Community-based Health Initiative (CHI).
BIDMC has remained committed to open communication and collaboration throughout the Klarman Building design and construction process. We maintained communication with our patients and their families, BIDMC clinicians and staff, community groups, residents, neighboring institutions, and local, state and federal public officials and agencies. We welcome your input and encourage you to contact us by email.
The 10-story, approximately 345,000 square-foot Klarman Building will be on BIDMC's West Campus, surrounded by Brookline Avenue, Francis Street, Pilgrim Road and the Rosenberg Building.
The new inpatient building will be conveniently accessible from existing patient care areas on BIDMC's West Campus and will connect to the Rosenberg Building and the Farr Building in multiple locations.
Take a Tour of the New Inpatient Building
For a preview of BIDMC's New Inpatient Building and some of its state-of-the-art features, please click through the slideshow below.
Our single-bedded patient rooms will be family-friendly.
This is a view of our rooftop green space and healing garden.
Rooftop Garden & Lawn
Patients, families and caregivers will be able to enjoy an accessible green space that includes a lawn and garden.