Multidisciplinary Research at BIDMC
Biomedical research has traditionally been organized by distinct, departmental specialties, but with the tremendous scientific opportunities that have emerged in recent decades, it has become apparent that research can also benefit from cross-specialty collaboration, an interdisciplinary approach that encourages communication and promotes creative, non-traditional approaches in the pursuit of scientific discovery.
At BIDMC, the creation of our key Research Centers has brought together investigators from across a wide range of disciplines to work together on innovative investigations that encompass basic, translational and clinical research.
- Berenson Allen Center for Noninvasive Brain Stimulation
- Cancer Research Institute
- Institute for RNA Medicine
- Smith Center for Cardiology Outcomes Research
- Center for Healthcare Delivery Science
- Center for the Study of Nutrition Medicine
- Center for Virology and Vaccine Research
- National Center for Functional Glycomics