PGY2 Solid Organ Transplant Pharmacy Residency
About the Solid Organ Transplant Pharmacy Residency
The PGY2 Pharmacy Residency in Solid Organ Transplant at BIDMC is designed to build on the PGY1 pharmacy residency to contribute to the development of pharmacists in specialized practice, focused on the care of solid organ transplant patients.
Residency graduates will be equipped to participate as essential members of the interdisciplinary team caring for transplant patients, assuming the responsibility of the transplant pharmacotherapy specialist.
Upon successful completion of the program, residents will have achieved the following required educational outcomes, goals, and objectives for the PGY2 Pharmacy Residency in Solid Organ Transplant:
- Serve as an authoritative resource on the optimal use of medications in transplant patients
- Optimize the outcomes of transplant patients by providing evidence-based medication therapy as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team
- Manage and improve the medication-use process in transplant patient care areas
- Demonstrate leadership and practice management skills
- Demonstrate excellence in the provision of educational activities regarding transplant-related medications for members of the interdisciplinary team
- Conduct transplant research, including presentation at the American Transplant Congress (ATC)
Follow us on Twitter for residency program information and upcoming events.