PGY2 Infectious Diseases Pharmacy Residency Program
About the Infectious Diseases Pharmacy Residency Program
The PGY2 Pharmacy Residency in Infectious Diseases at BIDMC is designed to transition PGY1 residency graduates from generalist practice to specialized practice focused on the care of patients with infectious diseases.
Upon successful completion of the program, residents will have achieved the following required educational outcomes, goals, and objectives for the PGY2 Pharmacy Residency in Infectious Diseases:
- Promote health improvement, wellness, and the prevention of infectious diseases
- Optimize the outcomes of individuals with an infectious disease by providing evidence-based, patient-centered medication therapy as an integral member of an interdisciplinary team or as an independent clinician
- Manage and improve anti-infective-use processes
- Demonstrate excellence in the provision of educational activities for health care professionals and health care professionals in training centering on optimizing anti-infective pharmacotherapy
- Serve as an authoritative resource on the optimal use of medications used to treat individuals with an infectious disease
- Demonstrate leadership and practice management skills
- Conduct infectious diseases pharmacy practice research
For some more insight, watch our video.
Follow us on Twitter for residency program information and upcoming events.