PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program
About Our PGY1 Pharmacy Residency
The Post Graduate Year one (PGY1) Pharmacy Residency Program at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) builds upon Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists who are: responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions, eligible for board certification, and eligible for postgraduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training.
Upon successful completion of the program, residents will have achieved the following required educational outcomes, goals, and objectives for the PGY1 Pharmacy Residency in the following competency areas:
- Patient Care
- Advancing Practice and Improving Patient Care
- Leadership and Management
- Teaching, Education, and Dissemination of Knowledge
Program Recruitment Activities
Please join us throughout the year to meet our current residents, preceptors, and our program leadership (Resident Program Director and Residency Program Coordinators) at our following recruitment events:
- New England Regional Residency/Fellowship Showcase (typically the first or second week of October)
- Virtual BIDMC PGY1 Program Open Houses (typically held throughout November)
- ASHP Residency Showcase
Follow us on Twitter for residency program information, upcoming events, and recruitment activities.