Dietetic Internship Application Process
How To Apply
Most applicants to the BIDMC dietetic internship will apply via the DICAS portal by the standard February deadline. You can find all the application guidelines and requirements below.
Application Requirements, Dates, and Deadlines
Key Application Requirements
- A qualified applicant is one who will have obtained a DPD verification and a graduate degree prior to entering our program.
- Applicants must submit all application materials via the DICAS Portal page. The complete online application packet must be submitted by the deadline. Please Note: There is a fee to use DICAS - $50 for the first application and $25 for additional applications.
- A completed application packet includes the standard application form, personal statement, all transcripts of universities/colleges attended, current resume, and 3 letters of reference (1 professor, 1 work/volunteer supervisor, and 1 from either a professor or work/volunteer supervisor).
- Applicants must also register for Spring Computer Match on the D&D Digital page, D&D Digital Systems, 3100 South Riverside Drive, Ames, IA 50010, 515-292-0490, firstname.lastname@example.org, and register his/her internship priority choices by the deadline. There is a $55 matching fee.
- Applicants must submit this supplemental application and a nonrefundable $75 DI application fee via personal check, cashier's check, or money order only (no electronic bank payments, please). Checks should be payable to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Nutrition Services. Both the payment and supplemental application must be postmarked by the February 15 deadline, and mailed to Julie Robarts at the address below:
Attn: Julie Robarts, MS, MPH, RD, LDN
Dietetic Internship Coordinator
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
330 Brookline Avenue, Rabb B-06
Boston, MA 02215
Pre-Select Internship Options
We also offer two different pre-select options for the appropriate candidates. Please see below for more information on our pre-select partnerships with both Simmons University and Boston University. If you have questions about one of these options, please email the Dietetic Internship Coordinator, Julie Robarts.