The Application Process
Potential applicants should consider the following admission preferences/requirements:
- We require evidence of recent education, i.e. completion of at least six credits in dietetics-related coursework, or equivalent, within three years of admission to the program.
- We desire a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0. However, we will not disqualify an applicant on GPA exclusively.
- We recommend attending a tour if it is feasible. Attending a tour gives you the opportunity to converse with the Dietetic Internship Coordinator and current interns and may help answer any questions about our dietetic internship and what makes it unique. If an applicant is unable to attend a tour, he/she should please feel free to call or email the program with questions.
- Please note that BIDMC does not conduct interviews
Key Application Requirements:
- Applicants must participate in the online centralized internship application system (DICAS), which may be found at http://portal.dicas.org. The complete online application packet must be submitted by the deadline. PLEASE NOTE: There is a fee to use DICAS - $40 for the first application and $20 for additional applications.
- A completed application packet includes the standard application form, personal statement, all transcripts, current resume, and 3 letters of reference (1 professor, 1 work/volunteer supervisor, and 1 from either a professor or work/volunteer supervisor).
- Applicant must also register for Spring Computer Match at www.dnddigital.com, D&D Digital Systems, 3100 South Riverside Drive, Ames, IA 50010, (515) 292-0490, firstname.lastname@example.org, and register his/her internship priority choices by the deadline. FYI: There is a $50 matching fee.
- Applicants must submit this supplemental application and a nonrefundable $65 fee(payable to: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Nutrition Services). Both the payment & supplemental application must be postmarked and a nonrefundable $65 fee (payable to: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Nutrition Services). Both the payment & supplemental application must be postmarked
by the deadline, mailed to Julie Robarts, MS, MPH, RD, LDN Dietetic Internship Coordinator (address below).
Important Dates and Deadlines:
February 15, 2019: DICAS application deadline, D&D computer matching deadline, BIDMC supplemental application deadline (postmarked by)
April 7, 2019 (6pm CST): Notification Day. Personal match results will be available online from D & D Digital systems at 6:00pm Central Daylight Time.
April 8, 2019: Appointment Day. Applicants must telephone 617-667-2580, fax 617-667-3126, or email to Lori Decosta (email@example.com) to confirm the acceptance of the match on or before 6:00 PM EST..