About Our Mission and Goals
The mission of the Dietetic Internship is to recruit the best intern applicants for the internship and provide them with experiences that help them meet the core competencies required to become entry-level dietitians, and to instill in them the importance of excellent patient care, individual accountability, and involvement in the community.
Our Goals and Outcome Measures
Goal #1: The program will prepare graduates to be competent entry-level registered dietitians.
Goal #2: The program will maintain diversity of the dietetic internship class.
Goal #3: The program will prepare graduates to serve a diverse population.
Meeting Our Goals*
- 100% of our graduates passed the CDR credentialing exam within the first year. (2017-2020)
- 100% of our graduates who sought employment were employed in dietetics within twelve months of program completion. (2017-2020)
- 100% of employers of our graduates indicate that the intern was adequately prepared for the position they obtained. (2017-2019)
- 100% of graduates indicate they were prepared to serve a diverse population. (2017-2020)
- 97% of our students completed the program requirement within 1.25 years/150% of the program length. (2017-2020)
- 18% of interns accepted into the internship program represented either gender or ethnic diversity. (2017-2021)
*Full program outcome data available upon request.