About Our Mission and Goals
The mission of the Dietetic Internship is to recruit the best intern applicants for the internship and provide them with experiences that help them meet the core competencies required to become entry-level dietitians, and to instill in them the importance of excellent patient care, individual accountability, and involvement in the community.
Our Goals and Outcome Measures
Goals and Outcome Measures for the BIDMC Dietetic Internship are below. They are used to measure our program's effectiveness.
Goal #1: The program will prepare graduates to be competent entry-level registered dietitians
- The program’s one-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within one year of first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80%. (100%; 2013-2019)
- At least 85 percent of program graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion. (100%; 2013 - 2019)
- Of graduates who seek employment, at least 70 percent are employed in nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of graduation. (100%; 2013-2019)
- At least 80% of program students complete program/degree requirements within 1.25 years (150% of the program length). (100%; 2013-2019)
- At least 80% of employers of our graduates responding to the employer survey will indicate that the intern was adequately prepared for the position they obtained. (100%; 2013-2019)
Goal #2: The program will maintain diversity of the dietetic internship class
- At least 13% of dietetic interns accepted into the internship program will include diverse applicants such as gender, ethnicity. (19%; 2013-2019)
Goal #3: The program will prepare graduates to serve a diverse population
- At least 50% of graduates indicate they were prepared to serve a diverse population. (100%; 2016-2019)
Meeting Our Goals
Program outcomes data is available upon request.
- The first year pass rate of our graduates taking the RD examination is 100%. (2014-2018)
- 100% of our graduates who sought employment were employed in dietetics within twelve months of program completion. (2014-2018)
- 100% of our graduates' employers felt they were adequately prepared for their position (2013-2017)
- 100% of interns enrolled in the DI program at BIDMC completed the program within 150% (63 weeks/15 months) the time allotted for completion. (2014-2018)
- 20% of our graduates represented diversity in the past 7 years. (2015-2019)