Financial and Benefit Information
Below are the cost estimates of re-locating to and living in Boston. Our internship program is designed so that you do not need a car to attend the internship or our offsite rotations. We have an excellent public transportation system.
We currently do not provide financial aid to our dietetic interns.
The BIDMC Dietetic Internship does not currently require drug testing as part of the admissions process. BIDMC is a drug-free workplace and learning environment.
- Tuition: $7000 per intern; includes $1,000 deposit due upon acceptance to the program.
- Housing (rental in/near Boston area): $1,300 - $2,400/month
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics student membership: $58/year
- Lab coat (2): $60 - $80
- Health insurance: $250 - $450/month (if purchased through the Massachusetts Health Connector)
- Transportation (subway/bus): $85/month (visit the MBTA for more information)
- Food/Meals outside of hospital: $200/month
The following are provided by BIDMC:
- Meals: up to $700/year in our two cafeterias at BIDMC
- Professional liability insurance
- Registration fees for Children's Hospital Boston pediatric conference
- Discounted Red Sox tickets (i.e., $5 per ticket, up to 2 at a time)
- Discounted entertainment tickets