The Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine offers outstanding training programs in all areas of anesthesia care.
Welcome! We are happy you have chosen to consider our programs and proudly offer American Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) accredited fellowships in the following subspecialties:
- Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesia (4 fellows per year)
- Critical Care (3 fellows per year)
- Obstetric Anesthesia (1 fellow per year)
- Pain Medicine (7 fellows per year)
We also offer fellowships in:
- Adult Structural Heart Anesthesia (1 fellow per year)
- Neurocritical Care (accredited by the United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties) (1 fellow per year)
- Perioperative Medicine (1 fellow per year)
- Regional Anesthesia (1 fellow per year)
- Advanced Vascular Anesthesia (1 fellow per year)
About Our Boston Campus
BIDMC has 673 licensed beds, 493 medical/surgical beds, 77 critical care beds and 62 OBGYN beds. We have a full range of emergency services, including a Level 1 Trauma Center and roof-top heliport. Anesthesia staffs 40 Operating rooms including 4 cardiac ORs, a hybrid OR, 2 EP rooms and 2 Cath Lab ORs. All remote locations are equipped with EMR. Construction is underway for our new BIDMC wing which will house up to 128 medical-surgical patient rooms, 30 ICU rooms, leading-edge surgical suites, versatile diagnostic and procedural suites with state-of-the-art equipment. Our Arnold-Warfield Pain Clinic staffs 14 pain providers and houses the new Comprehensive Headache clinic.
For more information, please explore the links below or contact us.