In order to sign up to use machines, you have to be formally trained by the facility. You cannot train others in your lab to use the instrumentation.
Once you are trained and allowed access to the calendar, you can book time online
- The CytoFLEX LX, LSR II, Gallios, and the Celigo are available 24 hours/day, 7 days a week.
- All users are required to sign in on the on-line calendars before using the instrumentation.
- To access these machines, post training access, card programming, and authorization forms are available from the flow facility.
You need a Proxy card to gain access to the Flow Core Facility. After receiving authorization from the Flow Core, you can get a Proxy card through the Public Safety Office or have your current Proxy card activated.
For questions or concerns, please contact John Tigges at 617-735-4191 or email at email@example.com. Gaenna Rogers can be reached with email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all the other services, appointments are available Monday-Friday from 9-5pm and must be made in advance with the flow facility. Because of the increased demand for sorting and training, please make requests 1-2 weeks in advanced.
Evening appointments are available upon request.
To schedule an appointment for sorting, facility-assisted flow cytometry, training or any other appointment, please call the facility at: Phone: 617-735-4191/4192/4193 or e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cells should be brought in appropriate tubes: MoFlo-(falcon 2063's), Aria- (falcon 2052's).
- Cells should be filtered and suspended with concentrations of 20-30 x 10^6/mL and carried in an enclosed container. Samples brought from outside of CLS must be transported using secondary containment.
- Controls are required for your sort and should include a negative, or unstained control, and single-stained positive control for each fluorochrome you are using. -Sterile collection tubes with media added/extra media (sorting is aseptic, we are not located in a sterile room, therefore no guarantees of sterility).
- If you are sorting into 96 (or other) well plates make sure they are preloaded with media, and bring extra plates for sorter calibration.
Booked time is YOUR time, running over appointments-other booked users have priority. (BRING: your own pipets/pipet tips, tubes (falcon 2052's), gloves, and device for storing your data. Do not leave belongings behind, they will get taken or thrown away.
PC formatted USB, external hard drive, or other storage device should be used to store data. Your data is your responsibility!!! Data dumps will occur to ensure that software is able to run smoothly. Data will never be saved over a year. Any data left longer than a month can be deleted by facility and user charged for time.