Flow Cytometry Core
Committed to meet all of the flow cytometry needs for the BIDMC and the external research community, the Flow Cytometry Core facility offers state of the art instrumentation for routine flow cytometry and cell sorting.
It is continuously expanding with the newest software and machinery for both sort and analysis capabilities of up to 21 fluorescent parameters.
The Flow Cytometry Core facility is available to:
- answer technical questions
- assist you in setting up flow cytometry experiments
- assist you with acquiring, analyzing and interpreting your data
- assist in data presentation and data storage
- provide training on the six benchtop analyzers and analysis software
- Cell sorting
- Analysis of extracellular vesicles
- As rates are subject to change, please contact the facility for up to date pricing for analysis, cell sorting, and facility assisted service.
- Cancellations must be made prior to 12 noon the day before, and notification must be made to the facility. Failure to notify the facility will result in your account being charged for the time reserved.
- Cell sorting has a minimum charge of an hour and analyzers have a minimum charge of ½ hour. You are billed for all reserved time, also time is rounded off in increments of 15 minutes after the minimum time is charged.
- Bills are calculated each day used per month, and are sent to the individual investigator's financial administrator.
- IT IS UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL TO SUPPLY GRANT NUMBERS and/or DEPARTMENT ID's.