Interventional Pulmonology and Complicated Airway Center
The Interventional Pulmonology/Complicated Airway Center conducts studies focused on early recognition of lung cancer, diagnosis and staging of chest lesions using minimally invasive techniques, and treatment of airway lesions. All patients are considered for appropriate investigations, but participation is completely voluntary.
Our current studies and protocols include:
- Comparison of Photodynamic Therapy to other treatment modalities, e.g. YAG laser therapy.
- Autofluorescense bronchoscopy for early cancer detection.
- Endobronchial ultrasound for minimally invasive cancer staging.
- CT-fluoroscopic bronchoscopic needle aspiration of mediastinal lesions.
- Virtual bronchoscopy and three dimensional airway imaging as an adjunct to bronchoscopy in the evaluation and follow-up of patients with impaired airways.
- Physiologic assessment of airway collapsibility.
- Endoscopic lung volume reduction