KSG Humanism in Medicine Week
Each May, the KSG Program hosts a week-long series of events to commemorate Katherine's legacy. These events focus on our core values and serve as a yearly celebration of BIDMC's dedication to humanism in medicine. Annual events include:
- M&M: "Music & Musings" with musical performances and readings by our housestaff and an art exhibition highlighting paintings, photographs, sculptures and drawings created by residents. Watch the video recordings:
- Journal Club discussion session led by a member of our housestaff
- General Medicine Grand Rounds presentation
- Medical Grand Rounds lecture delivered by a visiting professor
- Caducean Lights, BIDMC's magazine of art and literature: the literary magazine was started by KSG ‘19-20 fellow Dr. Sami Pop and co-edited with KSG Director Dr. Jon Crocker, with its first annual issue in 2020 and second in 2021. The magazine is composed of original submissions related to a medical subject in the form of poetry, short fiction, creative nonfiction, photography, and visual art. Submissions were open to all employees across all departments at BIDMC.