Your First Visit for Non-surgical Spine Treatment
The Spine Center at BIDMC is committed to bringing you the right care from the right provider in a compassionate environment. We want your first appointment with us to be as successful as possible.
What to Expect
At your first visit, you will meet with one of the Spine Center specialists, who will go over the history of your spine condition and conduct a detailed physical examination.
Once your specialist has made a clinical diagnosis, he or she will develop a personalized treatment plan and discuss it with you.
In some cases, your specialist may first order additional tests and imaging, such as CT scans or MRIs. The length of your first visit will vary depending on many factors, including the need for X-rays or other tests.
We are committed to communicating with your referring physician and other members of your treatment team to make sure they are aware of the plan and your progress.
Before Your Visit
Prior to your first visit to the Spine Center, please call your PCP for a referral, if needed. Also, please download and print our patient questionnaire before your first visit.
What to Bring
- Spine Center patient questionnaire (will be mailed to you, or download and print PDF).
- All X-rays, MRIs, and CT scans of your spine, if performed outside of the Beth Israel Deaconess system.
- Results of any neurologic testing (including EMG).
- Any other medical records you may have.
- List of your medications, including prescription medicines, nonprescription medicines, vitamins, herbs and supplements. Include the dose and how often you take each.
- Your health insurance card.
- Co-payment, if applicable.