2016 Volunteer Awards
-This award was established in 2004 to honor a volunteer who represents the
medical center with a consistently positive attitude towards all patients,
visitor and staff.
2016 Ambassador Award Recipient: Terry Morgan
Debby Henry Award
- This award was established in 1996 in memory of Debby Henry, Volunteer
Services Director from 1980 to 1995. It is awarded to one outstanding
volunteer who has at least 5 years of service, a minimum of 500 hours and
who best exemplifies the “spirit of volunteerism.”
2016 Debby Henry Award Recipient: Irving Rose
Evening Stars, Weekend Wonders Award
- This award, established in 2009, is given to a volunteer who has
contributed a minimum of 100 hours, and shown commitment and positive
attitude to “shine a light” on patients during the evening and weekend
2016 Evening Stars, Weekend Wonders Award Recipient: Yasa Baig, Mukund
Desibhatla, Cameron Sullivan
Jack Arvedon Award
- This award was established in 2001 and is given to a volunteer who has
contributed a minimum of 100 hours, shown the most flexibility, commitment
and positive attitude over the year.
2016 Jack Arvedon Recipient: Arline Broberg and Patricia Giglio
- The Rose Award was established in 2004 in honor of Rose Finkelstein and
is awarded to an outstanding volunteer contributing to new mothers and/or
newborns. The volunteer must have volunteered a minimum of 5 years.
2016 Rose Award Recipient: Stacy Mazzarella
– (Not awarded every year)- criteria is exceptional volunteerism.
2016 Special Recognition Recipient: Lindsay Agosonelli, Evelyn Mellett and
Youth Leadership Award
- This award was established in 2004 to formally acknowledge leadership and
service by a volunteer 18 or under. They must have volunteered for at least
1 year, contributed a minimum of 100 hours and exemplify leadership skills
and act as a role model for other volunteers.
2016 Youth Leadership Recipients: Iman Ali and Sydni Britton