Becoming a Volunteer
With continued concern regarding the COVID-19 virus, our responsibility as a healthcare system is to keep our patients, employees, volunteers, and visitors safe. For this reason, we are not accepting new volunteer applications at this time.
Our volunteer program continues to be suspended, and we cannot provide an estimate of when we will be able to invite volunteers back onsite. Once we are able to do so, we will begin by bringing back our currently trained volunteers who wish to return. We will then offer any remaining positions to those who were fully screened and awaiting an assignment prior to March 2020. If there are still opportunities available after those volunteers have been offered positions, we will reopen the application process.
Our application process involves:
- Application form, including two references
- Interview, if we have volunteer openings that fit your interest, experience, and availability
- CORI (adult volunteers only)
- Proof of immunizations, including for tuberculosis
- Flu shot (during flu season)
- Training and orientation
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at our medical center! We hope to be able to welcome volunteers back to BIDMC soon.