At Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC), volunteers are an integral part of the community.
We are fortunate and grateful to have so many dedicated volunteers who donate thousands of hours in time and talent to BIDMC annually. They assist our patients and staff in countless ways.
We would be delighted to meet you and see if we have a match for you to
join our team. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your interest in our medical center!
Due to a high volume of applications, we are not accepting any additional volunteer applications at this time. Thank you for your interest!
- Volunteer opportunities in both clinical and non-clinical settings in over 50 different departments throughout the medical center.
- Summer Health Corps Program for high school students ages 14-17 for 6 weeks during the months of July and August.
To volunteer, you must:
- Be at least 14 years old.
- Commit to a total of 40 hours (example: 4 hours, once a week for 10 weeks). Most positions involving patient contact require a 6-12 month commitment.
- Complete the form and submit your application.
- Provide two letters* of recommendation on letterhead from teachers, employers, counselors, pastors, rabbis or other professionals. Attach letters in PDF format to form.
*The letters should not be from a friend or relative.