The following is a supplemental reading list for our students and those interested in Emergency Medicine Informatics.
Overview of Clinical Informatics
- Bill Hersh's introduction to biomedical informatics
- Shortliffe, E. and Cimino, J., eds. (2006). Biomedical Informatics: Computer Applications in Health Care and Biomedicine (Third Edition). New York, NY. Springer-Verlag.
- Tufte, E. The Visual Display of Quantitative Information. Cheshire, CT: Graphics Press. 1983.
Machine Learning & Medical Artificial Intelligence
- Eric Horvitz's Data to Insights and Actions: Enabling Evidence-based Healthcare presentation
- Andrew Ng's Machine Learning Course online course