The Emergency Medicine Informatics Research Lab at BIDMC is a translational informatics lab that specializes in the rapid translation of novel technologies into clinical practice.
We have custom built an Emergency Department Information System to serve as a live-clinical testbed that allows us to rapidly iterate the Plan-Do-Study-Act cycle. Our lab has particular expertise in machine learning, user interface design, clinical informatics, and research methodology.
Our research lab engages in:
- Innovative clinical application development
- Translation of state-of-the-art computer science into clinical practice
- Methodologically rigorous evaluation of Health IT interventions
- Post-doctoral fellowship training program
Our interests include:
- Application of machine learning to the clinical domain
- Clinical decision support
- Contextual information retrieval
- Human-computer interface
- Ubiquitous computing