Body MRI Visiting Observership Program
The Division of Clinical MRI at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center offers a Visiting Observership training program in Body MRI. This program is designed to expose the participant to daily read-out sessions and observation of a vast array of Body MRI cases. The goal of this observership is to gain experience in understanding and utilizing MR sequences and their clinical application to diseases involving the abdomen and pelvis. In addition, the participant will gain an understanding of the utilization of MR in relation to US and CT imaging resources.
The participant will attend daily MRI Rounds in related subjects, as well as weekly MRI follow-up meetings to discuss unusual cases. The combination of group case discussions with individual case read-outs offers an opportunity for maximal interaction between applicants and faculty. He/she will also have access to the Ansin MR Site Library of audiovisual, didactic lectures.
The trainee will be supervised by faculty members who will also be responsible for teaching and providing guidance. The trainee will have only an observatory role on the body MRI service and no clinical work requirements or patient contact.
At the end of this observership, the participant will:
- Expand his/her knowledge in the clinical application of MR imaging to diseases involving the abdomen and pelvis.
- Improve his/her ability to recognize the key MR imaging features for accurate diagnosis of diseases involving the abdomen and pelvis.
- Understand how to better utilize MR, US, and CT imaging resources.
- Radiology: practicing community and academic radiologists, residents, and fellows with interest in abdominal and pelvic MR imaging.
- Other specialties: clinical physicians in surgery, gastroenterology, hepatology, urology, gynecology with interest in abdominal and pelvic MR imaging.
International observers will obtain their own tourist Visa. A J1 Visa sponsorship is not offered from the BIDMC for this course of study.
For questions, please call:
Lois Gilden, Coordinator
- Tuition is payable on confirmation of acceptance.
- Please make checks payable to: BIH Radiologic Foundation, Inc.