Occupational and Physical Therapy for Orthopedic Injuries
Treating Orthopedic Injuries with Therapy
Our experienced physical and occupational therapists treat a wide range of orthopedic problems, sports injuries and back and neck pain. Whether you are recovering from joint replacement surgery, are a high-performance athlete or are affected by chronic lower back pain, our therapists can help.
Occupational and physical therapy is an essential part of post-surgery care and plays a critical role in helping you get back to an active lifestyle and achieve a successful surgical outcome.
Getting Patients Back on Their Feet Sooner (PDF)
We treat all sprains, strains, fractures, dislocation and injuries from sports or repetitive activities. If you are a runner, our Chestnut Hill location offers a running clinic to help prevent and recover from injuries. We also specialize in performing arts injuries, which can occur after months and years of repeating highly skilled and precise movements. If you are a dancer or a musician, we pay particular attention to the specialized posture and form used to practice and perform.
Back and Spine
Arthritis, strain or lack of core muscle strength are some of the reasons for back and spine issues. Our therapists focus on managing and decreasing your pain through an individualized home exercise program that best works for your concerns.
Arthritis and Pain
If you are affected by arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis or fibromyalgia, our therapists can help you live life to the fullest. Depending upon your specific need, our therapists may recommend starting your treatment in our therapeutic pool and then transition to exercise on land.
Occupational and Physical Therapy Treatment
If you are seeing us for an orthopedic, sports or spinal problem, your initial visit will include a comprehensive evaluation, including a look at how your injury is affecting your fitness or performance. We will then build an individual treatment plan to help achieve your personal goals for your return to skilled sports, work, etc.
Treatments may include:
- Strengthening, flexibility and endurance exercises to improve movement.
- Joint and soft tissue work to increase range of motion and freedom movement.
- Changes in shoe wear, bracing, taping, or assistive/adaptive equipment.
- Ergonomic improvements or changes to your training or practice regimen and schedule.
- Methods to stretch your tissues, decrease pain and swelling, and promote healing, including ultrasound, electrical stimulation, heat and ice and cold compression pumps to reduce swelling.
- Access to state-of-the art facility with treadmills, elliptical machines, bikes and weights.
- Workouts in our pool to recover from an orthopedic surgery, sports injury or back pain.