Precise Care for Sleep Disorders
The Center for Personalized Sleep Medicine both develops and tests new approaches to improve precision of sleep disorder diagnosis and treatment. Using Precision Medicine, we work to identify the exact cause of your sleep abnormality and target it particularly for treatment. Our goal is to ensure that optimal sleep—a fundamental necessity for health and well-being—is achievable for everyone.
About Sleep Disorders
If you are having trouble sleeping, the exact cause may vary considerably. Common disorders include:
- Sleep apnea (abnormal breathing during sleep)
- Restless legs syndromes (intense restlessness in the legs and when severe other parts of the body)
- Insomnia (difficult falling or staying asleep)
- Parasomnia (abnormal behaviors during sleep)
- Excessive daytime sleepiness from disorders like narcolepsy
Often, sleep disorder care is standardized to a degree that at least half of patients only see a partial benefit from their treatments. At the Center for Personalized Sleep Medicine, however, we start by measuring various body physiology during sleep and begin to identify how patients have different responses to treatments. We then can determine a comprehensive, personalized plan of care that addresses your trouble sleeping.
Meet Our Team
Robert Thomas, MD
Pulmonary Disease; Sleep Medicine