Sleep Disorders Clinic
Boston MA 02215
About Our Sleep Disorders Program
The Sleep Disorders Clinic st BIDMC is one of the premier sleep disorders clinics in the United States. The clinic was the first in Massachusetts accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. In addition, it remains one of the busiest sleep clinics in New England with more than 5,000 patient visits per year.
This multi-disciplinary clinic includes neurologists, pulmonologists and psychologists who treat adult patients with a full range of sleep disorders from sleep apnea to insomnia, narcolepsy to restless leg syndrome.
Our Diagnostic Testing Services
We offer a full range of diagnostic tests to identify sleep disorders, including:
- Overnight in-laboratory polysomnography providing diagnostic and titration polysomnography for treatment of obstructive sleep apnea
- Specialized protocols for treatment of central sleep apnea and patients with neuromuscular disease and nocturnal hypoventilation
- Seizure montage
- Parasomnia montage
- Multiple Sleep Latency Testing
- Maintenance of Wakefulness Testing
- Suggested Immobilization Testing (SIT) for evaluation of Restless Legs Syndrome
- Dim Light Melatonin Onset Testing
Sleep Device Recall Notification
In June 2021, Philips initiated a voluntary recall for some medical devices used for treating breathing problems during sleep, such as sleep apnea, as well as night-time ventilators for patients with chronic respiratory failure. The recall applies to Philips Bi-Level Positive Airway Pressure (Bi-Level PAP), Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) and mechanical ventilator devices.