Safe Kidney Care
We understand that you may have had limited access to healthcare due to COVID-19, and that you may have questions about returning to hospitals or specialty care areas. As you return to our clinical care setting, you will see changes to our physical space and design. These changes allow for screening and disinfection processes and are necessary for effective social distancing. The BIDMC Nephrology team is offering care in a variety of locations and settings; we'll meet you in person in Boston, in your community, or conduct your visit virtually!
If you are experiencing any one of the following:
- symptoms of fever, cough and shortness of breath, OR
- if you have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19
Please contact us at 617-632-9880 prior to visiting the facility. Learn more about Our Safe Care Promise.
We strongly encourage you to schedule your first visit in person, so your provider can conduct an exam and collect a urine sample. Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time to allow for symptom screening and specimen collection.
To get the most from your telehealth appointment, it's important to be prepared. For example, make a list of subjects that you would like to discuss with your doctor. In addition, have the following information ready:
- Medications you are taking (including vitamins, over-the-counter medicines, and any necessary prescription refills)
- Any basic symptoms you have been experiencing
- Any changes in your health since your last doctor's visit
- Your medical history
- Any blood pressure readings you have tracked at home from a blood pressure monitor or other data you have gathered from your smartwatch, smartphone, or a fitness tracking device
- The name and phone number of your pharmacy