Take advantage of the growing number of resources that focus on celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. We try to include everyone so if you see an official group, center or organization that should be added, please let us know.
Celiac Medical Centers
These are our partners in the Harvard Medical School Celiac Research Program:
Center for Celiac Research and Treatment, Massachusetts General Hospital
Boston Children's Hospital’s Celiac Disease Program
Organizations and groups across the United States provide valuable support to those with celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity. They are strong advocates for the cause. Visit their sites for in-depth information and resources on living gluten-free.
Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA
Better Life Whole Foods, Springfield, MA
Contact: Barbara Giammarino
413-783-9424 ext: 4
DPD Nutrition Consultants, Inc.
Debbie Pepper-Dougherty, RD, LD
Kay Mullin, RD, CDE
361 US Route One
Falmouth ME 04105
207-781-4922, (fax) 782-4925
Central Connecticut Celiac Support Group - CSA/USA, Inc.
Contact: Dr. Todd Gladstone
Contact: Nancy Ball
Gluten Intolerance Group of Shoreline East
Southern New Hampshire Gluten Intolerance Association
Celiac Support Group of Vermont
Contact: Suzanne Ludlam
Send email message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: leave blank
Text: SUB celiac your first name your last name
Books on celiac disease and gluten sensitivity are arriving on store shelves in great numbers. Please note many of these authors have written multiple books.
- Real Life with Celiac Disease: Troubleshooting and Thriving Gluten Free
by Melinda Dennis, MS, RD, LDN and Daniel Leffler, MD, MS, 2010.
- Clinical Guide to Gluten-Related Disorders by Dr. Alessio Fasano MD, 2013
- Gluten Freedom: The Nation's Leading Expert Offers the Essential Guide to a Healthy, Gluten-Free Lifestyle, Dr. Alessio Fasano, 2014
- American Dietetic Association’s Pocket Guide to Gluten-Fee Strategies for Clients with Multiple Dietary Restrictions by Tricia Thompson, 2011 (soon to be republished as of April 2016).
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Client Education Brochure: Gluten-Free Basics by Tricia Thompson
- Celiac Disease Nutrition Guide, 3rd edition by Tricia Thompson, 2014.
- Celiac Disease: A Hidden Epidemic by Peter HR Green, MD and Rory Jones, 2009.
- Mayo Clinic Going Gluten Free: Essential Guide to Managing Celiac Disease and Related Conditions, by Joseph Murray MD, 2014.
- Gluten-Free Diet: A Comprehensive Resource Guide by Shelley Case, RD, 2010.
- Recognizing Celiac Disease by Cleo J. Libonati, RN, BSN, 2007.
- Gluten Free Kids: Raising Happy, Healthy Children with Celiac Disease, Autism and Other Conditions, by Danna Korn, 2010.
- Gluten-Free Friends: An Activity Book For Kids by Nancy Patin-Falini, MA, RD, LDN, 2003
- Acceptability of Foods and Food Ingredients for the Gluten-Free Diet Pocket Dictionary, Canadian Celiac Association
- Amy Goes Gluten Free: a young person's guide to celiac disease (cartoon book), Children's Hospital Boston
- Celiac Disease: A Guide to Living with Gluten Intolerance by Sylvia Bower, RN, 2006
- Celiac Disease for Dummies by Ian Blumer MD and Sheila Crowe MD, 2010
- The Ultimate Guide to Gluten-Free Living by the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University, 2009
- Weeknight Gluten Free, 2013
- Gluten-Free Baking, Williams-Sonoma, 2014, Kristine Kidd
- The Gluten Free Gourmet Cooks Comfort Foods: Creating Old Favorites with the New Flours, Bette Hagman, 2004
- Gluten Free Baking by Rebecca Reilly, 2007
- Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free Dessert Cookbook by Connie Sarros, 2003
- Nearly Normal Cooking for Gluten-Free Eating by Jules E. D. Shepard, 2006
- Gluten-Free Baking Classics, 2006
- The Gluten-Free Good Health Cookbook: The Delicious Way to Strengthen Your Immune System and Neutralize Inflammation, 2010
- Gluten-Free Baking Classics-The Heirloom Collection: 90 New Recipes and Conversion Know-How, Annalise G. Roberts, 2014
- Artisanal Gluten-Free Cooking by Kelli and Peter Bronski, 2012
- 1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes
- Cooking Free: 200+ Flavorful Recipes for People with Food Allergies and Multiple Food Sensitivities
- Gluten-Free Quick & Easy - From Prep to Plate without the Fuss: 200+ Recipes for People with Food Sensitivities
- 100 Best Gluten-Free Recipes, Carol Fenster, Ph.D.
- The Essential Gluten-free Grocery Guide
- The Essential Gluten-free Restaurant Guide
- Gluten-Free Hassle-Free: A Simple, Sane, Dietitian-Approved Program for Eating Your Way Back to Health, 2nd edition, 2013, Marlisa Brown, MS, RD, CDE, CDN
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Gluten-Free Eating, Eve Adamson and Tricia Thompson, MS, RD
AllergyFree Passport Apps
Offers different apps that people with celiac disease, as well as those with food allergies can customize to search for restaurants and menu items
Find Me Gluten Free
This app has addresses, phone numbers and menus for restaurants 'near me' or 'near address' or cities.
Is that Gluten Free? (iPad & iPhone/iTouch app)
Search manufacturer verified gluten-free products by brand, product name or category
Whole Foods Market Recipes App
Free iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad app that filters through recipes by categories and special diets. Finds recipes based on ingredient search, builds shopping lists
Gluten Free Marketplace (Available on Google Play Store)
Comprehensive listing of gluten free and allergy free related products, companies and services produced by the Celiac Disease Foundation.
Raising your Celiac Child - Guidelines for a Gluten-Free Life
Children's Hospital Boston Family Health Education Series
Gluten Free at College: A guide for students, families and Dining Service Professionals
Children's Hospital Boston Family Health Education Series
Revision Date: 7-7-2016
Author: Melinda Dennis, MS, RDN
July 2016 Editors: Litsa Georgakilas, RDN, Daniel Leffler, MD, MS
Previous Editors: Mary Kay Sharrett, MS, RD, LD, CNSD and Daniel Leffler, MD, MS