How to Prepare for Your First Appointment
Here are a few things to keep in mind when you make an appointment.
- Your initial appointment will be in BIDMC’s Ear, Nose and Throat Clinic on the 6th floor of the Lowry Medical Office Building at 110 Francis Street, Boston.
- When you schedule your visit, you may need to answer a few questions about your health and personal history, such as your age and any medications you may be taking.
- Please bring a list of your current medications and your insurance card.
- Check with your insurance company to see if your policy includes care and treatment at BIDMC. We can help if you have questions about the coverage information you receive.
- Bring a list of any questions you have for your caregivers, and a notebook to jot down the answers.
- If you’re having a procedure, someone must accompany you home after your treatment.
- We encourage you to invite a family member or trusted friend to your appointment.