Working at BIDMC
When you join the growing BIDMC team, you're not just taking a job, but engaging in an experience. We foster an environment that is based on great people and exceptional patient care. And at BIDMC, we believe we're truly unique, because:
- We have leadership who listens, starting with a CEO who asks your opinions.
- All departments act as one for the good of the patient: the entire hospital is your coworker, with great relationships between doctors, nurses and the rest of the staff.
- Our impressive affiliations give you access to premier facilities like Harvard Medical School, Joslin Diabetes Center, and Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center.
- We recognize progress and ability, and encourage you to explore different avenues through our strong commitment to your education and internal mobility — you can have a number of different careers all in one place.
- There's flexible scheduling, including the innovative iShift, our web-based scheduling program that supports the medical center's effort to be the best place to work in Boston for nursing and other patient care service staff.
- People from all kinds of backgrounds work together towards one common goal: the best possible care for our patients.
At BIDMC, you'll find new challenges are always welcome, and talent like yours is too.
As one of Boston's pre-eminent medical centers, it is a great honor to serve a very broad patient population. And we believe to properly care for the diverse communities that we do, we need a comparable staff in place. Throughout all levels of our hospital, there's a real commitment to diversity that you can actually see. From our unique language lab for employees whom English is a second language, to our cultural competence initiative, our differences are our strength — and are celebrated each and every day.
Furthermore, we are extremely proud of our Employee Involvement and Recognition Program. BIDMC holds a number of employee celebrations and events each year, including:
- Martin Luther King Jr./YMCA Black Achievers Award celebration
- Annual Service Awards
- Lesbian & Gay Pride Week
- Employee Appreciation BBQ
- Holiday Appreciation celebration
BIDMC is always looking to attract great candidates from all kinds of backgrounds and experiences so that we will be able to continue to offer only the most ideal, efficient and best practices … to each unique person who walks through our doors.