Major Areas of Research Interest
- Glucose transport and the signal transduction pathways underlying the metabolic effects of insulin.
- Molecular mechanisms for insulin resistance in obesity and type 2 diabetes.
- Pathogenesis of leptin resistance in obesity and type 2 diabetes.
Current Research Activities
- Physiological role of Rho-kinase in the regulation of glucose homeostasis.
- Novel signaling pathways for leptin. Current focus of research is on the role of hypothalamic Rho-kinase in the regulation of food intake and energy expenditure.
- Novel anorexigenic effect of clusterin in energy homeostasis.
- Role of lipid-lowing agent, atorvastatin, in adipogenesis and adipocytes differentiation.
- Identify a new insulin-sensitizing agent that regulates glucose metabolism in vivo and in vitro.
For a complete listing of Dr. Kim's publications, click here.