About Our Core Equipment
The Animal Metabolic Physiology Core at BIDMC is equipped with the following:
- DEXA scanner for non-invasive determination of body composition (fat mass, lean body mass) and bone mineral density
- Coulter Counter equipped with a multisizer to measure adipocyte number and size distribution on the same samples
- Stereotaxic table for investigator to implant brain cannulas for direct delivery of genetic or pharmacologic material into the brain
- CODA 8 for non invasive measurement of blood pressure in mice
- “Wheel cage system” for recording spontaneous exercise of mice
- Telemetry system for continuous measurement of mouse core body temperature using implantable probe.
- Thermalert TH-5 thermometer for measurement of core body temperature (rectal probe)
- CMA 402 Infusion pumps for continuous delivery (IV, IP or SubQ) of compounds.