COVID-19 Testing at BIDMC
We offer COVID-19 testing for patients at BIDMC's East Campus, 330 Brookline Avenue in Boston. Learn more about additional COVID-19 testing site locations here.
- The testing site is not a medical clinic and no medical evaluations will be performed.
- Patients must have a physician or clinician order for testing from a provider within the Beth Israel Lahey Health (BILH) network.
- Patients can drive through the testing site or walk up for scheduled appointment.
Call 617-667-1235 to schedule.
What You Need To Know
All testing requires a physician or clinician order and an appointment.
For Scheduling, Issues, or Questions: Please call the COVID-19 scheduling phone line at 617-667-1235 to schedule a COVID-19 test or wait for our call within 24 hours of referral.
Testing Age: 18 years and older
If you are experiencing symptoms, please review guidelines on getting to the appointment:
- Per Department of Public Health guidelines, patients are not allowed to take public transportation, or use ride sharing (Uber or Lyft) to get to the appointment.
- Safe modes of transportation include personal bike, walking or driving. You could drive yourself or have someone who has already been exposed to you drive you to the appointment.
Specimen Collection: Nasal and Nasopharyngeal swab (collection method will be determined by ordering provider)
Arrival: There is no need to arrive early. Please arrive promptly at your scheduled time.
- If driving, please stay in the car (there is no need to park). The team will come up to your car to perform the test.
- If walking, please be aware of cars at the testing site. We will have chairs for you to sit for your test.
What to bring:
Results will be available in 24-48 hours
- Patients (and anyone accompanying patient) should arrive wearing a face covering or mask
. Results will be sent to the ordering provider. Please contact your ordering provider for results and any related documentation needed.
Billing: We will bill your insurance company for testing. Please contact your insurance company with any questions related to testing coverage.
Testing Hours: Current testing hours can be found here.
Type of Testing: We offer Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) molecular testing.
Location: Our drive thru testing site is located at 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215. All patients should arrive wearing a face covering or mask.
- If heading east toward Fenway on Brookline Avenue, continue past the entrance labeled 330 Brookline Avenue. A fence with a green privacy cover can be seen on the right as you are driving. The first RIGHT after the main entrance is the entryway to the testing site.
- If heading west toward Longwood Avenue on Brookline Avenue, take a left into the entrance labeled 330 Brookline Ave. Loop around the drive and then take a RIGHT back on to Brookline going EAST. A fence with a green privacy cover can be seen on the right as you are driving. The first RIGHT after turning out of the main entrance is the entryway to the testing site.
- Once you arrive, please look for and follow "Testing" signage.