Applying to the IR Independent Residency
The Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center IR Independent Residency has a commitment to creating an environment of diversity and inclusion through its program. The Department of Radiology accepts applications for the Interventional Radiology Independent Residency through the NRMP match via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). As required by the American Board of Radiology, all applicants must complete preliminary year (PGY-1) in medicine, surgery, or a transitional program.
- A complete ERAS application (including photograph)
- An official USMLE step 1, step 2 and step 3 score report (if available)
- An official transcript from all medical schools attended
- MSPE from current or most recent medical school attended
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation (through ERAS). Additional letters may be submitted provided they enhance the application and have relevance to the pursuit of radiology as a career.
- Important: You must initiate a request for a USMLE score report to be submitted to us electronically through ERAS.
ERAS and NRMP classify the Independent IR Residency as a fellowship for match purposes.
- November 17, 2021: December-cycle applicants may submit applications
- December 1, 2021: December-cycle programs may begin reviewing applications
- March 23, 2022: Match opens
- April 20, 2022: Ranking opens
- May 18, 2022: Quota change deadline
- June 1, 2022: Ranking closes
- June 15, 2022: Match Day
- July 1, 2023: Training begins