Training in Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry
The one-year fellowship in Consultation-Liaison (CL) Psychiatry co-sponsored by the Harvard Medical School Departments of Psychiatry at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and the Veterans Affairs (VA) Boston Healthcare System, aims to foster a strong appreciation for the interactions between Psychiatry and other medical specialties.
BIDMC’s Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Fellowship is seeking qualified candidates for 2023-2024. This ACGME-accredited program is an exciting opportunity to study the intersection of psychiatry and specialties such as Internal Medicine, Neurology, Transplant, Oncology, OB-GYN, Surgery, Critical Care, Emergency Medicine, and more under the guidance of expert BIDMC and VA Boston Healthcare System faculty.
Our mission at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and the VA Boston Healthcare System Combined Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Fellowship is to provide exceptional education and extraordinary, accessible care that puts the patient first. Our program anticipates the needs of an aging population with complex medical, substance use, and psychiatric conditions. We will develop the future leaders of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry in a unique, diverse culture that prioritizes teamwork and excellence.
Harvard Medical School Department of Psychiatry at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Joshua R. Leo, MD, MPH; Program Director
- Elizabeth Dunn, MD; Director, Consultation-Liaison and Emergency Psychiatric Services
- Katiuska Ramirez, MD; Associate Director, Consultation-Liaison and Emergency Psychiatric Services
Harvard Medical School Department of Psychiatry at VA Boston Healthcare System
- Bernie Vaccaro, MD, FACLP, FAPA; VA Site Director
- Larkin Kao, MD; Medical Director, Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Service
- Grace Chang, MD, DLFAPA; Chair of the Department of Psychiatry at VA Boston Healthcare System