Ob/Gyn Global & Community Health Medical Education
The Division of Global and Community Health offers numerous opportunities for education and mentorship in global and community health for OB/GYN residents and fellows and Harvard Medical School students.
- Clinical Education
- Resident longitudinal clinics at community health centers
- Global and community health residency curriculum
- Optional bi-weekly BIDMC global health lectures and journal clubs
- Second-year and third-year electives at Scottish Livingstone Hospital in Botswana or other international sites with core faculty
- Our core faculty provide individual resident mentorship in global and community health
Additionally, PGY1 residents can apply for the BIDMC Global Health Track for PGY2-4, which includes:
- A mentored global health project
- Participation in a global health delivery course
- Interdisciplinary global health curricular sessions
The Department of OB/GYN, BIDMC, and the broader community at Harvard Medical School and Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, also offer additional resources and a rich community of colleagues dedicated to global and community health.