About the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Fellowship
The mission of the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Fellowship at BIDMC is to create leaders with robust clinical training, a world-class education and a broad range of individual opportunities in clinical innovation, research, advocacy and quality improvement in an innovative and progressive work environment. We aim to train individuals to become superb clinicians, leaders in the field of maternal-fetal medicine, productive researchers and inspiring teachers while providing compassion and humanism to patients.
The goals of our fellowship program are to:
- Ensure that graduating fellows are capable of practicing the breadth and depth of clinical maternal-fetal medicine. They will graduate, knowing how to provide expert maternal-fetal medicine consultation for antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum and preconception care.
- Train physicians to perform complicated deliveries, excelling in obstetric ultrasound diagnosis and diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Ensure excellence in the evaluation and treatment of complicated medical disorders of pregnancy in the outpatient and inpatient setting.
- Foster participation in multidisciplinary conferences during their tenure, as well as conduct research projects and develop innovative approaches to clinical care with the guidance of faculty mentors.
The curriculum consists of 12 months of protected research time and 24 months of clinical, including ultrasound, labor and delivery, antepartum, prenatal genetic, infectious disease, critical care and fetal cardiology.
Our Teaching Faculty
- Barbara M. O'Brien, MD, Fellowship Program Director
- Blair Wylie, MD, MPH, Associate Fellowship Program Director and Division Director, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Ai-ris Collier, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Cassandra Duffy, MD, MPH, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Millie Ferres, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Megha Gupta, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Naima Joseph, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Linda Kleeman, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Karen O'Brien, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Kolawole "Yinka" Oyelese, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Scott Shainker, DO, Director, New England Center for Placental Disorders
- Melissa Spiel, DO, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Leanna Sudhof, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Brett Young, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Chloe Zera, MD, MPH, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Meet Our Fellows
Massachusetts General Hospital/Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Harvard Medical School
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University
University of Pennsylvania
University of California San Francisco