Renal Transplant Fellowship
We offer a Transplant Nephrology Fellowship Program certified by the American Society of Transplantation with a comprehensive, stimulating curriculum. The clinical component of our program will be tailored to the specific needs of the transplant fellow and will consist of:
- Six months of inpatient service, following our kidney and pancreas transplant patients as a senior fellow.
- Weekly Transplant meeting and conference.
- 4-6 out-patient clinics per week in Transplant Nephrology. You will evaluate pre-and post-transplant patients (Kidney, Pancreas candidates), communicate with their referring nephrologists and present these patients at Kidney Intake meeting.
- Performing outpatient transplant biopsies.
- Observation of as many transplants as possible, joining surgeons on local retrievals of organs for both kidney and pancreas.
- One month spent in transplant pathology/radiology training.
- One month spent in the histocompatibility lab.
- Three months will be spent on a guided independent research project.
- Guided independent study
- Weekly research conferences in transplant-related subjects by local and invited speakers.
- Attendance at American Transplant Congress Annual Meeting and the American Society of Transplantation Fellow's conference.