Fellowship Application Procedure
The Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Joslin Diabetes Center Joint Fellowship Program in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism is no longer accepting applications from candidates interested in joining the program in July 2020. We will be holding interviews through the end of October and will be participating in the National Resident match for Endocrinology.
The program accepts up to three fellows each year. Applicants must complete at least three years of residency training in Internal Medicine prior to starting the Fellowship.
Interested candidates should apply via ERAS. After receipt of a complete application, selected candidates will be invited for interviews with members of the BIDMC and JDC faculty. Foreign medical school graduates are eligible to apply, however candidates on H1B visas will not be accepted. Candidates on J1 visas will only be considered for the 2-year Clinical Track.
- Common Application Form (CAF);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Personal Statement (one to two pages)
- This statement should include a description of your career goals, your interests in Endocrinology, and the reason why you have selected this particular training pathway;
- Medical School Transcript (optional);
- MSPE/Dean's letter (optional);
- Letters of Recommendation
- Minimum: 3, Maximum: 4
- No specific type of letter is required, may include Chairs Letter
- Residency Program Director is preferred);
- Wallet-sized Color Photo (optional);
- USMLE Transcripts (optional);
- Copy of ECFMG Certificate (if applicable) and
- USMLE scores for Step 1, 2, and 3
- Applicant must pass Step 3 prior to beginning fellowship.
Applications are processed and interviews are scheduled by our Division Coordinator, Courtney Anderson.