Global Health Educational Opportunities
At BIDMC, we’re proud to offer comprehensive and often career-defining global health training.
Jonathan T. Crocker, MD
As part of its commitment to global health training, BIDMC funds four to six residents per year to attend one of two Harvard Global Health Academic Courses. Residents from any BIDMC training program may apply and are selected after a committee review. Space is limited due to funding and the competitive nature for these positions. Applications are due annually in early winter. For more information, contact Ruth Colman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The two Harvard Global Health Academic Courses are:
Global Health Delivery (Summer) Intensive
• Three-week course each July at Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health offered by experts in the field
• Focus on global health epidemiology, care delivery, and management practices
Humanitarian Response Intensive Course
• Two-week course each April through the Humanitarian Academy at Harvard by experts in the field
• Focus on primary frameworks in the humanitarian field and practical issues that arise, such as personal and team security, rapid assessments, application of minimum standards for food security, shelter, water, sanitation and hygiene) as well as operational approaches to relations with the military in humanitarian settings
• Culminates in a three-day, two-night simulation of a complicated disaster and conflict scenario
|Global Health Program
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
303 Brookline Avenue
Boston, MA 02215