Maximizing Your Medical Teaching Skills
Sponsored by Carl J. Shapiro Institute for Education and Research at Harvard Medical School and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, the Principles of Medical Education: Maximizing Your Teaching Skills program will use live streaming, electronic Q&A, and other remote learning technologies.
Registration Open for One of the Highest-Rated CME Courses at Harvard Medical School
Incorporating best practices, newer principles of adult learning, and widely available technologies into your teaching can significantly improve your ability to engage and inspire students, residents, fellows, and colleagues. This special program, ranked among Harvard Medical School’s highest-rated CME courses, is a uniquely comprehensive exploration of best practices for teaching medicine at the bedside, in ambulatory settings, and in the classroom.
The curriculum helps medical educators to:
- Provide more effective feedback that motivates change
- Better assess learners' needs individually and as a group
- Design educational sessions that meet your learning objectives
- Deliver more impactful and engaging lectures
- Become a more effective one-on-one mentor
- Optimize evaluation of trainee competencies
- Enhance the interactivity of small group discussions
- Spur critical thinking and self-learning among students
- Incorporate technology and active learning models into your teaching
Case-based and hands-on learning are a hallmark of this course, with significant participant interaction and active modeling of instruction techniques. Whether you are newer to teaching or a seasoned educator and mentor, this course will give you modern tools and practices to optimize skills transfer and learner success.
Areas of focus in which attendees will deepen their skills include:
- Interactive Lecturing
- Bedside Teaching
- Effective Mentoring
- Impactful Feedback
- Developing Curriculum
- Assessing Learners
- Learner Engagement
- Teaching Critical Thinking
- Teaching Using Social Media
- Teaching and Maintaining Wellness
Optimized for Remote Education
The program has been enhanced for distance learning. In addition to being live-streamed, all sessions will be recorded and made available to participants for online viewing for 90 days after the end of the course.
Learn more about the Principles of Medical Education: Maximizing Your Teaching Skills course.