Resources, Support and Opportunities for Postdocs
Committed to excellence in all aspects of research, training, and education, BIDMC has established the Office for Postdoctoral Scholars to serve as a resource for postdoctoral scholars, postdoctoral faculty mentors, and research trainees in general.
Our diverse community of about 350 postdoctoral scholars comes from all regions of the United States and the world with the shared passion to contribute to the groundbreaking research taking place here. The office's mission is to promote and support postdoctoral scholars in world-class research and education at BIDMC.
We support and work closely with the BIDMC Postdoc Association and also provide the following services:
- One-on-one, career counseling to help provide outside input on long-term plans and goals
- Guidance in responsible conduct of research
- Guidance on visa-related issues, including obtaining initial visas, visa renewals, and changes in visa status.
- Offering research presentation opportunities for postdocs both at BIDMC venues and more broadly across the Harvard Medical School community.
- Providing and supporting broader educational initiatives to learn about other opportunities including careers in academia and industry
- Serving as a connector to the Harvard Medical School postdoc office and its resources
- Providing support and resources for PDA-initiated activities, including social and networking events.
Read more about the postdoc experience in Making the Right Moves: A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty.