Rehabilitation Services at Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Lexington provides outpatient physical and occupational therapy.
Rehabilitation Services at BIDHC-Lexington cares for patients from BIDMC and the local metrowest area ranging from adolescents to seniors. We treat a variety of impairments stemming from sports-related injuries, orthopedic surgery, balance/gait impairments, pain syndromes, repetitive stress injuries, postural problems, and neck and back injuries.
Our committed staff provides excellent clinical care in a personalized, respectful manner. Our staff is comprised entirely of professional licensed therapists to ensure the highest quality of care.
Appointments & Referrals
To schedule a Physical or Occupational Therapy appointment, please call (781) 528-2510 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check in: It is important that you let us know you have arrived for your appointment.
- Please allow adequate time for parking and check in.
- Park Assist is available free of charge.
- Please be prepared to pay your copay if applicable. We accept cash, check and credit.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early for your first appointment to fill out a health status questionnaire.
Location: First floor, turn right of the main reception desk.
Hours of Operation:
- Phones answered 8:30am-5:00pm M-F
- We are closed on weekends and all major holidays
- Closed MLK, Columbus Day, Patriots Day, Presidents Day
- Please call your PCP prior to your visit to determine if they need to submit a referral for therapy. There are many insurance plans and authorization requirements vary from plan to plan.
- Our managed care coordinator will confirm your authorization and benefits with a reminder call two days prior to you first appointment.
- If authorization is required by your insurance and we have not received it by the time of your appointment, you will need to sign a waiver that guarantees payment.
Preparing for Your Visit
During your first visit, a thorough initial evaluation is performed with each patient in order to develop a specific, individualized treatment program. Our therapists will work with you to identify your goals.
What to wear (or bring to change into):
- Patients with back or lower extremity problems should bring shorts or loose fitting sweat pants.
- Patients with neck or shoulder problems should bring a tank top or sports bra or can change into a hospital gown
Need to bring:
- Physician prescription/order for therapy - if the order is not entered into the BIDMC computer system by your physician, a written order will be required from the referring provider.
- If one was not given to you at the time of your MD appointment, the doctor's office can fax it directly to the department at (781) 528-2570.
- A current medication list to provide for your therapist.
- Copayment for PT and OT is collected when you check-in for your appointment.
- Cash, check, and all major credit cards are accepted forms of payment.
Meet Our Team