About Our Rehabilitation Services
Rehabilitation Services at Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Lexington provides outpatient physical and occupational therapy.
Rehabilitation Services at BIDHC-Lexington cares for patients from BIDMC and the local MetroWest area ranging from adolescents to seniors. We treat a variety of impairments stemming from sports-related injuries, orthopedic surgery, balance/gait impairments, pain syndromes, repetitive stress injuries, postural problems, and neck and back injuries.
Our committed staff provides excellent clinical care in a personalized, respectful manner. Our staff is comprised entirely of professional licensed therapists to ensure the highest quality of care.
Appointments & Referrals
To schedule a Physical or Occupational Therapy appointment, please call 781-528-2510 or email us.
It is important that you check in at our PT/OT check-in desk so we know you have arrived for your appointment.
- Please allow adequate time for parking and check in.
- Please be prepared to pay your copay if applicable. We only accept credit cards.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
- For new patients only, please fill out our health status questionnaire in advance of your appointment and bring it with you.
First floor, turn right of the main reception desk.
Hours of Operation:
- Phones answered 8:30 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
- We are closed on weekends and all major holidays
- Closed Martin Luther King Day, Columbus Day, Patriots' Day, Presidents' Day
- Please verify the requirements of your insurance plan to determine if a referral/authorization is required for your plan.
- If a referral/authorization is required by your insurance plan and we have not received it by the time of your appointment, you will need to sign a waiver that guarantees payment.
Scheduling Follow-Up Appointments:
Current patients may use the self-scheduling tool on PatientSite to book follow-up appointments.
Preparing for Your Visit
During your first visit, a thorough initial evaluation is performed with each patient in order to develop a specific, individualized treatment program. Our therapists will work with you to identify your goals.
What To Wear (Or Bring To Change Into):
- Patients with back or lower extremity problems should bring shorts or loose fitting sweat pants.
- Patients with neck or shoulder problems should bring a tank top or sports bra or can change into a hospital gown
Need To Bring:
- Physician prescription/order for therapy — if the order is not entered into the BIDMC computer system by your physician, a written order will be required from the referring provider.
- If one was not given to you at the time of your MD appointment, the doctor's office can fax it directly to the department at 781-528-2570.
- A current medication list to provide for your therapist.
- Copayment for PT and OT is collected when you check-in for your appointment.
Meet Our Rehabilitation Services Team