Rehabilitation Services at Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Lexington provides outpatient physical and occupational therapy.
Rehabilitation Services at BIDHC-Lexington cares for patients from BIDMC and the local metrowest area ranging from adolescents to seniors. We treat a variety of impairments stemming from sports-related injuries, orthopedic surgery, balance/gait impairments, pain syndromes, repetitive stress injuries, postural problems, and neck and back injuries.
Our committed staff provides excellent clinical care in a personalized, respectful manner. Our staff is comprised entirely of professional licensed therapists to ensure the highest quality of care.
Appointments & Referrals
Scheduling appointments: To schedule a Physical or Occupational Therapy appointment, please call (781) 528-2510.
Check in: Stop at the Shared Services check-in desk. Please arrive 10 minutes early for you first appointment to fill out a health status questionnaire.
Location: First floor, turn right of the main reception desk.
Hours of Operation:
- Phones answered 8am-5:30pm M-F,
- PT appointments: M-Th 7am-7pm, F 7am-3:30pm
OT appointments: M 9:30am-2pm, T 8:30am-1:30pm, W 7am-5pm, F 7am-12noon
- Please call your PCP prior to your visit to determine if they need to submit a referral for therapy. There are many insurance plans and authorization requirements vary from plan to plan.
- Our managed care coordinator will confirm your authorization and benefits with a reminder call two days prior to you first appointment.
- If authorization is required by your insurance and we have not received it by the time of your appointment, you will need to sign a waiver that guarantees payment.
Preparing for Your Visit
During your first visit, a thorough initial evaluation is performed with each patient in order to develop a specific, individualized treatment program. Our therapists will work with you to identify your goals.
What to wear (or bring to change into):
- Patients with back or lower extremity problems should bring shorts or loose fitting sweat pants.
- Patients with neck or shoulder problems should bring a tank top or sports bra or can change into a hospital gown
Need to bring:
- Physician prescription/order for therapy - if the order is not entered into the BIDMC computer system by your physician, a written order will be required from the referring provider.
- If one was not given to you at the time of your MD appointment, the doctor's office can fax it directly to the department at (781) 528-2570.
- A current medication list to provide for your therapist.
- Copayment for PT and OT is collected when you check-in for your appointment.
- Cash, check, and all major credit cards are accepted forms of payment.
Meet Our Team
Johanna Guarino, PT, OCS
Heather Broglio, PT, OCS
Livolsi, PT, DPT
Sweet, PT, CPUR, CSHE
Noreen Straughn, OTR/L, CHT
Judith Criscitiello OTR/L, CHT
Kimberly Maguire MSPT/ LATC
Rehabilitation Services at Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Lexington
482 Bedford Street, Lexington, MA 02420