Clinical Pharmacy at Chelsea
John A. Scolaro, PharmD, BCACP, BC-ADM, MBA provides clinical support to patients. Dr. Scolaro is available to see patients on Tuesday and Thursday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. A physician referral is required.
The following is an overview of services available to all patients:
- Medication Consultation – one-on-one visit where the patient is able to ask any questions he or she may have regarding medication use.
- Blood Pressure Monitoring – brief, in-person visit where the pharmacist can provide an accurate blood pressure reading using an automated office blood pressure machine.
- POC A1C testing – brief, in-person visit where the pharmacist can perform a point of care A1C test, and the patient can obtain the results of the lab before he or she leaves the clinic.
- Blood Glucose Consultation – the patient can bring his or her recent blood sugars in and go over the readings with a clinical pharmacist certified in advanced diabetes management.
- Medication Reconciliation – the patient can bring in the medications that he or she has at home, or recent discharge instructions from previous hospitalizations, to ensure that his or her record of medications is up to date in the electronic medical record system.
- Smoking Cessation – the patient can work with a clinical pharmacist trained in tobacco cessation therapy in order to help quit smoking.
Please call 617-975-6200 to book an appointment. There is no out of pocket obligation for these services.