Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare - Chelsea
Chelsea, MA 02150
COVID-19 Testing (see below)*
In the midst of a thriving Chelsea neighborhood, Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Chelsea brings world-class health care to patients north of Boston. Our patients have the best of all worlds: dedicated staff, the atmosphere of a private practice, and access to the expertise, resources, and systems from BIDMC.
- Physical Therapy/Rehab
- Specialty Care
- Primary Care
- Urgent Care
Programs & Services
|Patient Shuttle Service Schedule|
|Leaves Chelsea:||Leaves Boston:|
Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Chelsea features plenty of free parking and a retail pharmacy right next door.
*COVID-19 Testing Tent
BIDHC-Chelsea is now offering COVID-19 testing at no cost to you, as part of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts "Stop the Spread" program.
If you are a resident of ANY Massachusetts community, even if you have no COVID symptoms, please get tested to help stop the spread.
Symptoms may include:
- Shortness of breath
- Body aches
- If you have a physician order, you may schedule an appointment. Call the Chelsea COVID-19 line at 617-975-6262 to schedule in advance.
- If you do not have a physician order, you may walk in for a test. Due to high volume, we may, at times, be unable to accept additional walk-ins during the last hour of testing. Please come as early as possible.
- If you are a medical provider, and wish to fax an order for testing, please fax the order to 617-975-6010.
- If you are not a BIDMC patient, please call Registration at 617-754-8240 to obtain a Medical Record Number. Please bring your medical record number with you when you come to be tested. Registration is open Monday – Friday from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm.
For simple instructions that will help you prepare for your test at Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Chelsea, please download Preparing for Your COVID-19 Test (English and Spanish).
Other Important Information:
- BIDHC-Chelsea welcomes all patients, including those who are uninsured.
- We do not ask about immigration status.
- If you arrive by car, you may stay in your car for the duration of your test.
- Walk-up visits are also offered if you do not arrive by car.
Testing Hours of Operation:**
- Monday – Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Sunday: CLOSED
BIDHC-Chelsea will be open on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, January 18, from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
**Testing hours may change due to weather emergencies.
Return to Work COVID-19 Testing Policy
We are happy to evaluate you based on Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines to determine if you meet the criteria to safely return to work. This does not involve a COVID-19 test. If you are cleared to return to work, our providers will give you a letter for your employer.
If your employer requires a COVID-19 test for you to return to work, you need to call your doctor and ask them to put an order in for you to get tested.
Protests and COVID-19 Testing
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Massachusetts Governor Baker recommended that individuals who participated in recent protests get tested for COVID-19. We will test anyone who participated in one of the recent protests. Our providers recommend waiting 48 hours after attending a protest to get tested for COVID-19.
Learn about additional health resources available to you in the Chelsea area:
Learn how to help stop the spread of COVID-19:
Improving Access to Care
BIDHC-Chelsea is making it easier for you to receive world-class care in your community.
Latinx Heart Health
If you need help with heart health care, the BIDMC Latinx Cardiovascular Clinic provides services in Boston and Chelsea. Watch as Program Director Dr. Pablo Quintero Pinzón shares information about the BILH Safe Care plan.