Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare - Chelsea
Chelsea, MA 02150
In the midst of a thriving Chelsea neighborhood, Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Chelsea brings world-class health care to patients north of Boston. Our patients have the best of all worlds: dedicated staff, the atmosphere of a private practice, and access to the expertise, resources, and systems from BIDMC.
- We offer COVID-19 vaccinations and COVID-19 testing (see below for testing information*).
Programs & Services
|Patient Shuttle Service Schedule
Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Chelsea features plenty of free parking and a retail pharmacy right next door.
*COVID-19 Testing Tent
BIDHC-Chelsea is now offering COVID-19 testing at no cost to you, as part of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts "Stop the Spread" program.
If you are a resident of ANY Massachusetts community, even if you have no COVID symptoms, please get tested to help stop the spread.
Symptoms may include:
- Shortness of breath
- Body aches
- If you have a physician order, you may schedule an appointment. Call the Chelsea COVID-19 line at 617-975-6262 to schedule in advance.
- If you do not have a physician order, you may walk in for a test. Due to high volume, we may, at times, be unable to accept additional walk-ins.
- If you are a medical provider, and wish to fax an order for testing, please fax the order to 617-975-6010.
- You must have a BIDMC medical record number to be tested. It is different than the Stop the Spread registration. To obtain a BIDMC medical record number please call 833-447-0526.
- Please come as early as possible and bring a completed registration form (English or Spanish) with you.
For simple instructions that will help you prepare for your test at Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Chelsea, please review Preparing for Your COVID-19 Test (English and Spanish).
Other Important Information:
- BIDHC-Chelsea welcomes all patients, including those who are uninsured.
- We do not ask about immigration status.
- If you arrive by car, you may stay in your car for the duration of your test.
- Walk-up visits are also offered if you do not arrive by car.
COVID-19 Testing Hours of Operation:**
- Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 1:30 pm & 2:15 pm – 5:00 pm
- If you do not have a scheduled appointment please arrive by 4:45 pm to be tested before we close. Please register in advance by calling 833-447-0526.
- Saturday: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Sunday: CLOSED
**Upcoming Revised Hours
Saturday, Jan. 15: Due to staffing and weather we will be open for appointments only from 9:00 am to 11:00 am
Monday, Jan. 17: CLOSED (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
Testing hours may change due to weather emergencies.
Return to Work COVID-19 Testing Policy
We are happy to evaluate you based on Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines to determine if you meet the criteria to safely return to work. This does not involve a COVID-19 test. If you are cleared to return to work, our providers will give you a letter for your employer.
If your employer requires a COVID-19 test for you to return to work, you need to call your doctor and ask them to put an order in for you to get tested.
Learn about additional health resources available to you in the Chelsea area:
Learn how to help stop the spread of COVID-19:
Improving Access to Care
BIDHC-Chelsea is making it easier for you to receive world-class care in your community.
Expanded Cardiology Services In Chelsea
BIDHC-Chelsea welcomes a new cardiologist to our specialty services.Meet Our Physicians
BIDHC-Chelsea is Growing
We’re bringing BIDMC care to your community, now more than ever. We’ve recently welcomed a new Optometrist to provide you with expert care, right here in Chelsea. Now accepting new patient appointments.Learn More
COVID-19 & Flu Vaccines
BID Urgent Care - Chelsea is open to patients for COVID-19 and flu vaccines (including boosters and third doses of the COVID-19 vaccines). Currently we do not offer COVID-19 vaccines for children aged 5-11. If you have a PCP in the Internal Medicine Practice at the center, please call 617-975-6200 to make a vaccine appointment. Find more information on BILH COVID-19 vaccine clinics.About BID Urgent Care - Chelsea