Planned gifts are specially designed to help you meet your financial and family goals, while simultaneously fulfilling your wish to further the mission of BIDMC. Planned gifts can also protect your assets, provide for your family, and guarantee you income for life.
Different planned giving vehicles include, but are not limited to:
- Charitable Bequests: Through various types of bequests, you may secure a charitable estate-tax deduction for the value of the gift. Best of all, your generosity will support BIDMC’s mission for years to come.
- Charitable Gift Annuities: A charitable gift annuity allows you make a gift to BIDMC and in exchange receive a fixed annual dollar amount for life.
- Charitable Remainder Unitrusts: In exchange for a gift, a unitrust provides annual payments of a specified percentage—at least 5 percent of the value of the trust as it is valued each year—to the designated beneficiary(ies).
- Retirement Plans: Your retirement-plan benefits are very likely a significant portion of your net worth. Because these assets are highly taxed, they are an excellent choice for funding a charitable gift. Retirement-plan benefits include assets held in individual retirement accounts (IRAs), 401(k) plans, profit-sharing plans, Keogh plans, and 403(b) plans.
- Donor-Advised Funds (DAFs): You can bequeath your DAF to BIDMC by naming the medical center as a charitable beneficiary of your account.
- Real Estate: Almost any type of real estate may be donated: undeveloped land, farms, commercial buildings, vacation homes, or your personal residence.
For more information, please contact:
Noreen M. Mitchell
Managing Executive Director of Development
Office of Development
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
330 Brookline Avenue (OV)
Boston, MA 02215