Before Your Interventional Radiology Procedure
Many minimally invasive procedures can be done without general anesthesia which will allow you to go home the same day.
Our expert IR team collaborates with you and your primary doctor to decide which treatment is right for your condition.
We will contact you the day before your procedure to make sure you are comfortable and prepared. Most procedures allow you to go home the same day, but certain procedures may require you to stay overnight.
Things to Know:
- You must have a ride home.
- If you are having an angiogram, someone must stay with you overnight if you are discharged home.
- You cannot eat or drink after midnight on the day of your procedure, except for sips of water to take medication.
- You must take all blood pressure medications the morning of the procedure.
- If you have questions about medications, you should bring your medication with you or, alternately, a complete list of your medications that includes dosage.
- If you take blood thinners, we will work with you and your primary care doctor before your procedure to determine if they need to be stopped.