About Our Forensic Psychiatry Service
Providing Legal Consultation for Issues Involving Medical Psychiatry and Neuropsychiatry
BIDMC's Forensic Psychiatry Service provides consultation to attorneys, courts, employers, insurers and agencies in relation to civil, criminal, correctional and regulatory issues. As an outgrowth of our setting in a general hospital and academic medical center, we emphasize legal issues involving medical psychiatry and neuropsychiatry. Our staff includes psychiatrists, psychologists and neuropsychologists.
Legal issues appropriate for consultation:
- Competence and guardianship
- Psychiatric disability determinations
- Fitness for duty evaluations
- Psychiatric injury including evaluation of PTSD and traumatic brain injury
- Psychiatric malpractice
- Involuntary commitment questions
- Independent psychiatric evaluations
- Insanity defense evaluations
For referrals please call the Forensic Psychiatry Service at 617-632-8410.