Our highly trained, board-certified surgeons in the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery offer a full spectrum of services for patients, including:
- Breast Reconstruction – Many options for breast reconstruction exist. Our surgeons evaluate each patient on an individual basis so that we can provide the best option for you.
- Cosmetic Surgery – Using the latest techniques, we provide a wide variety of cosmetic procedures for both men and women.
- Gender Affirmation Surgery – We offer chest reconstruction surgery to men and women with gender dysphoria disorder, where the sex assigned at birth does not match gender identity.
- Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery – We offer advanced surgical techniques to treat problems of the hand, wrist, and arm.
- Lymphatic Surgery – Lymphedema is an uncomfortable swelling that may develop after cancer treatment. BIDMC is one of the few hospitals in the nation to offer two innovative surgical techniques for the management of lymphedema: lymph node transplantation and lymphovenous bypass.
We also offer the services of social workers to help patients and their family members cope with any psychological or social issues arising from their injury or illness. In addition, patients have access to a broad range of other care providers including nurses, counselors, physical and occupational therapists, and many others.