Prepare for Your First Visit
Your first appointment will last from 45 minutes to an hour. Your provider will discuss your sexual and medical history with you in a safe, private and comfortable environment. You will work together to establish your care plan.
Depending on your needs, you may be asked if your provider can perform a pelvic exam. It is important to know that you set the pace at which the visit proceeds — your comfort is our priority. If appropriate, your provider may refer you to other specialists on our team.
Preparing for Your Appointment
Gather information about:
- Your symptoms – any sexual problems you are experiencing, including how often and when they occur.
- Your medical history – medical conditions, past surgeries, past sexual history including any trauma, previous pregnancies, mental health conditions.
- Your medications – bring a detailed list of any medications you are taking, including prescription, over-the-counter, herbals and supplements.
- Your questions for the provider – this can help ensure we address your concerns during your visit.
Please also bring a copy of relevant medical records, including:
- Test results and reports if you were previously evaluated and/or treated for any intimate health, obstetrical, or gynecologic disorders.
- Records from previous surgeries or procedures.