Transplant and Immunocompromised Services
Consultative services for patients with infectious disease issues related to immunosuppression
The Transplant and Immunocompromised Host Infectious Diseases service provides world-class consultative services to hospitalized and non-hospitalized patients with a broad-range of infectious diseases issues related to immunosuppression. Our patient care is supplemented with active research and clinical trials.
- Infectious disease (ID) consultation for pre- and post- stem cell transplantation, including the management and prevention of transplant-related infections.
- Pre- and post-transplant vaccination strategies to prevent infection in immunosuppressed patients.
- ID consultation for patients with hematologic malignancies and benign hematologic conditions on chronic immunosuppression, including support for the HIV autologous stem cell transplant program.
- Management of HIV in the setting of end-stage renal and end-stage liver disease.
- Management of infections in patients with ventricular assist devices who are awaiting heart transplants.