Scheduling General Surgery at BIDMC
Patients and Referring Physicians
Hours: 8 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday
Closed all major holidays
By calling the General Surgery Appointment Line, you can speak to an administrative assistant who will facilitate coordinating an appointment with the appropriate surgeon.
We consider each referring physician to be an important member of our health care team. We strive to keep you updated on your patients' status
and are committed to making ourselves available to answer your questions or
address any concerns. We appreciate your referrals and work with you and
your staff to return patients to your care as quickly as possible.
Download our brochure, which provides details about the conditions we treat, our services, locations, and surgical team members.
Preparing for Your First Appointment
Insurance Referrals: Please remember that you may be required by your insurance company to obtain a referral from your primary care physician ahead of time.
Co-payments: If your insurance plan requires a co-payment at the date of service, please be prepared to pay your co-payment during the check-in process.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Your insurance card and hospital card (if you have one)
- Your co-pay, if applicable
- A list of medications that you are currently taking
- All medical information regarding your current diagnosis, such as MRI / CT scans, doctors' notes, and pathology reports.
- Bilingual representatives are on staff; please let us know if you would like one present.